Tuesday 30 June 2015

Xenophobia

The Black and White television,
We ought to see a vision unravel through this tele-vision,
Your skin-color black against your light,
So you wanna make me white, and I want to darken you,
I bleach my dark, and you keep yours,
But still I hate you and you hate me.
Slowly, I begin to see that color is not a thing of my skin,
But the pigmentation that colours my perception,
And so I can’t take you, I’ll break you and embrace me, you fear I stain you,
So I take daggers and you shoot guns,
We start a battle as soon as we see,
Our colors just don’t go round.
People just don’t understand,
Maybe they do,
Maybe it’s me,
Maybe I don’t just understand it all,
And so I hate your skin, and you hate mine,
And keep killing each other, over a cause.

                                                                            Captain Luke.

No comments:

Post a Comment